This Sunday May 5th, South Orange’s Environmental Commission & Green Team will be hosting their annual River Day. This community gathering, co-sponsored by Hearth Realty Group, encourages participants to help clean up South Orange’s section of the Rahway River and celebrates environmental education and awareness. The event comes complete with food, fun, music and art to accompany the efforts of volunteers!
The event takes place from 11am – 3pm on May 5th 2019 at the Skate House on the duck pond off of Mead St. (N. Ridgewood Road and Meadowbrook Lane) in South Orange.
In addition to the usual food, fun, and music there will also be:
- Lenape Nation traditional welcome
- Basic Birding, an educational walk and bird species identification with Bill Haskins.
- SO Not Plastic information and giveaways
- Composting demonstration by Java Compost
- Bicycle decoration station led by professional artist Denise Hayden
- South Mountain Middle School River Curriculum projects
- Information about native plants and animals
- River clean up
- Organized planting of water-filtering native plants
- Environmental & Educational Exhibits
- Performances by The Seton Hall Choir
- Special prizes and giveaways all day long!
Last year’s efforts culminated in a full dump-truck load of garbage being pulled from the River. Hearth proudly sponsors such a wonderful initiative that helps keep our communities cleaner and healthier. Follow the link below to visit the official River Day Facebook event for more updates and information.
Hearth Realty Group is the #1 Independent Real Estate Agency in SOMA. We are a technology driven boutique real estate agency made up of experienced service-focused local experts who support our clients beyond the transaction. We strive to have a meaningful impact on the communities we serve through volunteer work and financial contributions to local charities. #LiveLocalSellLocal